Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Everything Matters

I was surrounded by artists asking me about the title to my show. In a way, it was an easy out, a title that would encompass all, but I was feeling especially connected to the world when I chose it and well, everything does matter (one artist told me a friend of her's had a show called "Matter Matters" which is also true).

The week leading up to the show opening was pretty blissful. I was staying at Ragdale again and two fawns (named "Rag" and "Dale") greeted me when I arrived. I took walks and saw hundreds of dragon flies, butterflies of all colors and a frog or two. The sound of the fountain lulled me to sleep and even the heat and mosquitoes couldn't dampen my spirits (and it was HOT!). I met another amazing group of residents, felt lifted by their artistic energy and their stories. Among the group was a playright and a performance artist, so the group was very lively. I even got to collaborate on a performance by Travis (see photo)

All this is to say, everything really does matter and I feel very lucky when I find the time to slow down and really look and listen.

IMG_3124.jpg

And I got a wonderful review of my show

No comments: